Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Beating the Rain to the Punch

It was just cloudy and chilly but not as cold when I got up this morning. I had a late breakfast while running the Avengers cartoon, then ran to the laundromat to get the laundry done. It was very busy, probably with people hoping to avoid the rain that was supposed to show up later in the day, but I did get a washer and a drier quickly. I  had less to do than last week and more time to do it in. I was in and out fairly fast.

I continued The Avengers when I got in and started folding my laundry. Volume 3 brings in two very different menaces. The first story revolves around the "Masters of Evil," Marvel's villain equivalent of the Avengers. Most of the remaining ones pit the group against Krang, a warlord from the distant future. Krang insists that he must destroy Captain America to save his timeline. Iron Man in particular is determined to beat this menace from another time at his own technological game...and find out what he has against the Captain, and why.

Had a simple but tasty lunch of lamb and winter vegetables sauteed in Lemon-Wine Sauce, then headed off to work. Work was busy all night, and we didn't have nearly enough help to deal with it. It was only just starting to slow down when I finally left around 8.

I discovered one reason it was busy when I headed out. Sometime between 3PM and 8PM, the rain arrived. It was lightly showering when I rode home; even as I arrived, it was down to a sprinkle. The rain picked up about a half-hour after I got in, and has been going hard ever since.

No comments: