Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bad Day Rising

Arrgh! I had a very frustrating day, starting with sleeping late. I got so caught up reading Princess Academy and writing in my journal, it was almost 11 before I started breakfast, and nearly 1 before I made it to the laundromat...and I had to work at 3! Good thing the laundromat was quiet. There were only a few people there besides me and The Days of Our Lives on TV. And of course, when I got outside, I discovered that the wind had blown down my bike, despite it being chained to a pole. I had to set it up and push the basket back on the handlebars.

When I got in, I ran Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase, which I'd started earlier, while folding the laundry. A friend of Daphne's is a student in a science lab where he, a friend, and their professor have created a game revolving around Mystery Inc's adventures. Right before the kids' arrive, the computer that runs the game somehow unleashes a virus into the real world...a virus that can suck the information out of any technology. It also knows how to manipulate the game...and how to zap the kids and Scooby into the thick of the system! The kids find themselves fighting through all ten levels - and meeting what amounts to their original late 60s selves - in order to escape and find out who's behind the virus.

Definitely one of the more interesting earlier Scooby movies. This one goes into not only the changes in technology between 1969 and the 2000s, but the changes in the perception of the kids, too...except for Shaggy and Scooby, who remain hungry slackers in any decade.

I had to gulp down my lunch and throw together something for dinner. I quickly changed out of my clothes and into my work uniform...but I realized just as I locked the door to my apartment that I forgot to put the keys back in after I switched pants! I barely made it to work on time. I called Dad during my break to get my landlord Andrew's number (I forgot to put it on my cell phone), then called Andrew. He said he'd look for the key in the front apartment, then walk up to my place with me to make sure he had the right one.

Thank heavens work went perfectly fine after I got there. It was steady for most of the night, with no really huge problems. I was in and out.

I did meet Andrew in the front of the house. Yes, he did get me into my place, and yes, my keys were on my dresser, where I probably threw them this afternoon. He said he'd make me a spare set of keys to hide downstairs somewhere, since he and his wife and Dad and Jodie aren't always at home.

No comments: