Thursday, March 07, 2013

Balance at Work

Since I had a long, relatively early day at work, I decided to just do yoga at home today. I used the DDP Yoga "Fat Burner" disc, which emphasized the stomach and rear muscles and continuous movement. Not bad. I probably needed to push a little harder to really break a sweat, since it was only a 25-minute DVD, but not only were my knees not up to it, I wanted to save some energy for later.

As it turned out, the worst of the winter storm missed us completely. By the time I was heading for work, it was sunny and windy, but dry. The ground was barely even wet. There certainly wasn't any snow. I've heard rumors of possible snow for tonight...but the weekend and most of next week is supposed to be in the 50s and nice as can be. If we get any snow tonight at all, it'll probably be gone by the time I go grocery shopping.

Today was one of my two 7-hour days. It was surprisingly busy for a Thursday. Today is the last day of our sales. I guess everyone wanted to grab some things while they still have beginning-of-the-month money. My day went very quickly, especially for such a long shift. Thankfully, it had quieted down enough that I was able to sign out with no relief besides a cashier who was late returning from break.

No comments: