Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First Day of Spring

Actually, I spent most of the first day of spring inside. I ran the 2-LP soundtrack from the first That's Entertainment movie as I updated inventories and did some computer work. Organized a few things around the apartment, too. I'm behind on doing household chores. I'm not used to working so much in March...but we don't usually have more than one major holiday in March, either. Not to mention, it was a lot warmer by this time last year. Last year, everyone was worried about it being so warm and dry so early. Now, everyone's worried about late snow.

Switched to Miss Spider and her crew as I had leftover crock pot chicken legs and vegetables for lunch. A Froggy Day In Sunny Patch introduces Felix, the vegetarian bullfrog who is a friend of the kids. The kids first met Felix when he got his tongue literally tied around a plant. After they helped him, he explained that he's a bit tongue-challenged and doesn't eat meat. The kids are delighted to have a huge friend who can hop and hide with the best of them. The remaining citizens of Sunny Patch are more worried. They heard that a family of frogs has moved in...and most frogs eat bugs! Spidercus in particular is determined to drive the frogs out of Sunny Patch. The kids do their best to hide Felix from the "Frog Watch Committee."

It was a beautiful day when I finally headed out for work. It was sunny and windy, but not too cold, probably in the lower-mid 50s. That could be why it wasn't quite as busy as it has been. It was on and off, really busy only during rush hour. Otherwise, I stood around a lot. I wanted to help shelve candy, but one manager did that, then the one who came in for her took over. She said "clean the registers." The registers were just cleaned last week! I was so happy when it was finally time to go and it was so quiet I could leave with no relief and no need for one.


No comments: