Sunday, March 03, 2013

The Dolls With the Bows In Their Hair

Slept in this morning; Brunch With the Beatles was almost half-way done when I finally got up and going. The emphasis were on singles that didn't make it to #1. Among the Beatles singles that didn't quite hit the top spot were "Lady Madonna," "Something," "If I Fell," "Eleanor Rigby," and "Penny Lane." Solo singles that didn't make it to the top included George's "All Those Years Ago," Ringo's "No No Song," John's "Power to the People," and Paul and Wings' "Live and Let Die."

I made Gingerbread Pancakes for breakfast. Tried calling Mom, but she had my nephew Skylar there. Oh, well. I forgot to call her when I got in from work, too. I'll try again tomorrow.

After I finished breakfast and the Beatles, I did a few things around the house. I was tired of looking at the winter decorations. I'm bored, with winter and with myself. I took them down. I'll wait to put up the spring, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter items until after I've dusted sometime this week, though.

When that was done, I changed the dolls into more spring-y clothing. Samantha's in a hand-made version of her ice-blue Skating Party Dress I bought on eBay. Jessa switched her good red and black and white plaid dress for a more casual emerald green wrap-front blouse over Molly's corduroys and a pair of black high-top sneakers. Molly wears the shamrock-print dress I found at a yard sale and black flats with her Miss Victory Costume socks. Felicity sports her Pink Birthday Dress and Pinner Apron.

Having enjoyed listening to Les Miserables and Chicago last week, I put on more recordings of stage shows that were adapted for the screen...and even three screen musicals that found their way to the stage. The original 1950s sountrack LP for High Society, the two-disc collector's edition of the 2007 musical version of Hairspray, and the 2002 original Broadway cast of Thoroughly Modern Millie represented the latter. (While the stage versions of Hairspray and Millie were long-running hits on Broadway, High Society, despite some decent reviews and a not-bad cast album, was not.) Stage musicals adapted for film included my rare LP soundtrack album for Ken Russell's version of The Boy Friend and a Decca studio cast recording of Babes In Toyland.

Work was busier than yesterday when I came in...but it died down just as fast. I found out why when walked out of work and saw that the Black Horse Pike was clogged with red and blue lights and sirens. I had no idea of what was going on. I assumed it was some kind of car accident.

No comments: