Sunday, March 24, 2013

Weathering the Cold Spring

Started today around 10:30 with reading, writing in my journal, and listening to Brunch With the Beatles. The theme today was "meanings and melodies." Beatles songs with "meanings" in the lyrics include "Revolution," "Baby You're a Rich Man," "Tax Man," John's political statement "Power to the People," George's "My Sweet Lord," Paul's James Bond theme "Live and Let Die," and Ringo's "No No Song."

By the time I was finally eating Lemon Pancakes for breakfast, the show was winding down, and I was calling Mom to say "hi." Since I just talked to her a few days ago, we kept it brief. She'd dealt with a cold-ridden Skylar for a lot of last night as well and wanted a nap. She was mainly worried about my nephew, whom she's seen quite a bit, and the weather, which was cold and cloudy. There were rumblings of snow down south; we didn't know if it would come here.

I spent the rest of the afternoon on my computer, working on a new, updated and expanded list of things I want to do or change. If I figured nothing else out last fall and this winter, it's that I need to update or simplify a LOT of things in my life. I've already made some steps towards this, such as switching my paycheck to direct deposit, returning to counseling, donating unwanted items, and dropping things that no longer work for me, like volunteering at the Collingswood Library. There's still a lot I need to do, up to and including figuring out what I'm going to do about the Acme.

Speaking of the Acme, it was busy when I finally made it there, and stayed that way for most of the night. One of my customers mentioned a friend of hers told her that Virginia and West Virginia were slammed by a snowstorm and that it was on its way here. She didn't believe we'd get more than an inch or two, and neither do I. First of all, while it is chilly, it's not that cold. Definitely not cold enough for it to stick. Second, it's supposed to get into the upper 40s-lower 50s by Tuesday. If we get any, it'll be gone in a few hours, like the snow has all winter long.

Oh, and at press time, as far as I can tell, it's still dry out there.

No comments: