Friday, July 05, 2013

May the Penguin and Duck Be With You!

I slept in a little bit after yesterday's events. I didn't get to grocery shopping until quarter of 12. It was stock-up time. I just needed to replace things I'd used over the last few weeks, like butter (the new Smart Balance two-pack was on sale and I had a coupon), chicken, tortillas (I got lucky - pretty much all they had left were the Acme generic whole wheat ones...which I prefer), peanut butter, mouth wash, tuna, and cake mix. A few boxes of Band-Aids were on clearance. I bought the medium one with a good collection. Grabbed a few more of those apricots and a banana for a snack later.

When I got home, I ran a few cartoons that revolved around summer movie blockbusters as I put everything away and had a peanut butter and orange marmalade wrap for lunch. While Hello Kitty Furry Tale Theater mainly spoofed folk tales, they frequently had fun with both current and classic films as well. Kitty's Princess Leia and Tuxedo Sam's Luke Skywalker evade the evil Darth Catnip as she takes over the planet Caturn in "Cat Wars." Catnip's mother Fangora is the main villain in "Paws-The Great White Dog Shark." She refuses to believe Sam, Kitty, and Dr. Chip when they insist a huge shark has invaded the beach...until he destroys her pier. She sends them after Paws...who isn't as scary as he seems. Catnip takes over again as the Wicked Witch of the West in "The Wizard of Paws." Kitty is Dorothy, and Chip, Sam, and My Melody are her friends who want to find their own wishes and help her home.

Ran an episode of Tiny Toon Adventures that also spoofed Star Wars as I prepared for work. In "A Quack In the Quarks," Plucky brags to what he thinks are two exchange students about his (non-existent) athletic and academic prowess. He regrets his constant bragging when the "students" turn out to be aliens who want him to drive an evil force from their planet! It's up to Babs, Buster, and Hampton to take off into the farthest reaches of the galaxy to rescue him.

Work was a little better than yesterday. It was busy when I did my own grocery shopping, and it remained busy when I came in at 2. Thankfully, it petered out even before the regular 4 to 6 rush hour was over. I guess everyone went to the Shore early. I spent a lot of the second half of the night shelving the mountains of returns. I even picked up an extra hour tomorrow.

Good thing I did, because next week's schedule is not great. Only 21 hours, and one long night, surprisingly on Sunday. I did ask for Saturday off to help with Jessa's college graduation party; got Tuesday and next Friday off as well.

No comments: