Monday, July 22, 2013

Audubon In the Morning

Today was my very early 8AM work day. I only got an early shift at all because a lot of the regular employees went on vacation this week. I was dead tired for most of it. While it was nice to be able to get out at 2PM, I'm just not used to working in the morning. I wouldn't mind it if they'd let me do it more consistently. In fact, that's what I want - a consistent, regular schedule that's more-or-less the same every week. It's hard to plan anything when you're working at night one day, early in the morning the next, in the middle of the afternoon next week. At the very least, we weren't really that busy, and my relief, one of the recently-hired teenage boys, showed up ahead of schedule.

I was so tired, when I got home, I spent the next hour and a half reading the Jeanette MacDonald biography I got on Amazon.com and not doing much else. I took a look at Stockton College's web page and came to the conclusion that I was too tired to try to talk to them today. I decided to at least try to get my laundry done instead.

I didn't get to the laundromat until around 6:30. I was surprised at how busy it was. I figured most people would be eating dinner. I did get a washer and a drier, but I was ducking around a lot of people to do it. They must have all been avoiding the weather. Though it was sunny when I arrived, by the time I was strolling home with my small load, dark clouds were gathering in the distance. It did rain shortly after I got in, but we haven't had a thunderstorm at press time.

Ran a few more 80s Turtles episodes as I had potato-crusted cod, mashed potatoes, and a salad with cucumbers for dinner. Two tales of very strange alien invasions mark some of the weirdest stories of any Turtles series. Donatello gets "beamed up" by a group of aliens, much to the delight of April O'Neil, who is desperate for a story, in "Invasion of the Turtle Snatchers." "Camera Bugged" is even odder. An alien tourist has a camera that pulls the objects he takes photos of into the lens. Shredder wants the camera badly...but not if the Turtles can get there first!

No comments: