Monday, July 01, 2013

So Much Rain!

I'm embarrassed at how much I overslept. I was up later than I thought last night and didn't awaken until 11! Maybe it was just as well. It was cloudy and humid again when I did get up. By the time I was eating brunch/lunch, it was storming yet again. Not to mention, I awoke with a stiff lower right back and hip. I must have slept on it funny last night. I know it didn't feel like that before I went to bed.

I did have enough time to watch two episodes of Rick Steves' Europe on Barcelona and Burgundy before work. I also managed to wash the windows inside. The rain was still coming down at that point, and I wasn't even going to attempt doing the outside.

Tried calling Dad for a ride, but I never heard from him. Turned out to be a moot point anyway. The rain was slowing down as I headed out. By the time I arrived at the Acme, the rain had stopped. Not that this cleared out the Acme. While we weren't quite as bad as Saturday, we were busier than yesterday. Today is the first day of the month, with all the attendant annoyances that brings in. Thankfully, the crowds had died enough by 7:30 that I left on time without a relief.

Not only was the rain long gone by the time I made it home, but it looks like it hasn't rained in a while. There were clouds gathering in the distance, but at press time, they've stayed there.

No comments: