Thursday, July 11, 2013

Getting Organized

Not a really busy day. I spent a lot of the morning doing research on local dentists and gynecologists that take Independence Blue Cross. I need both. I haven't been to the dentist in ages, and every woman I know has been after me to see a gynecologist for a routine examination for years. Neither are exactly high on my "fun" list, but I can't keep putting them off.

I also did a few things around the apartment. I cleared out some papers. Organized the top of the printer next to my desk. Got rid of all of the stuffed animals on the top shelf of the baker's rack but Sundance the Raccoon, Polly the Opossum, and Alton the Chicken. (Westbrook the Eagle and Phil the Groundhog will be moved in the back room to be used as a decoration during football season and Groundhog Day respectively.) Moved the cake decorating magazines to the top shelf. I now have two small empty shelves where the magazines were. I'll figure out something to do with them later.

Watched a couple of episodes of The Muppet Show that featured Broadway or stage performers throughout the morning. Ethel Merman is mostly delighted to be part of a "Mutual Admiration Society," but Animal discovers the hard way that even a legend has her limits. Comedienne Kaye Ballard gets caught in a backstage dispute between Kermit and most of the Electric Mayhem, who don't think the theme song is hip enough. Valerie Harper is courted by a smitten Statler, who brings a plant backstage that almost ends up choking the show to death.

Work was on-and-off busy, with no major problems. It rained this morning, but the rain was long gone by the time I headed to work. It was sunny for most of the afternoon, still humid but much cooler. The clouds were gathering again as I finished, but they have yet to do anything at press time.

No comments: