Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chocolate Chip Morning

I slept in again today. Thankfully, unlike yesterday, I had nowhere I needed to go until work. I made Chocolate Chip Muffins while the weather was still decent and listened to CDs. I dubbed Mandy Patinkin Sings Sondheim from a double-CD set at the Haddon Township Library years ago. He uses songs from various Sondheim shows (mostly Merrily We Roll Along, Follies, Sunday In the Park With George, Sweeney Todd, and Company) to illustrate what sounds like the up-and-downs of a composer or writer who ultimately decides he'd rather have love and art than meaningless success. After that epic show, I switched the less dramatic Kristen Chenowith solo CD Let Yourself Go, a favorite of mine ever since I picked it up from the Audubon FYE a few years back.

It took me longer than I thought it would to clean up the muffin mess. I got into work just under the wire. Work was mostly the same as yesterday - quiet when I came, very busy during rush hour. This time, with no Eagles game, it stayed steady. Some of the customers were a little annoying, including one woman who snuck in as I was trying to shut my line down, then rearranged all the bagging I did. I wasn't very happy when I finally got out of there.

No comments: