Saturday, October 15, 2016

Fall Harvest and Yard Sale Fun

I got up later than planned and just had time for a quick episode of Friendship Is Magic before heading out. "Maud Pie" is Pinkie Pie's big sister, a rock collector. Maud is about as different from energetic Pinkie as an emerald is from a piece of quartz, elegant and quiet. Pinkie wants her sister and all of her best friends to get along. The ponies do try, but they all find Maud too self-absorbed and introverted to be friends with. It takes Pinkie's attempt to bring them all together to make Twilight Sparkle realize what they have in common.

Finally got out around quarter after 10 to run errands. First stop was the Collingswood Farm Market. They were packed with people out enjoying the nice weather. The corn booth's gone again (this time likely for good), replaced by alpacas munching hay in a pen. Cucumbers and zucchini are gone as well. Cranberries, broccoli, chestnuts, and the fall spinach finally made their debuts this week. I've been waiting for cranberries. I do love me some cranberry muffins and Cranberry Flummery. Along with the cranberries and broccoli, I bought carrots, a green and an orange pepper, and little Gala apples.

Rode over the train bridge to Audubon for a quick look at their fall Town-Wide Yard Sale. Considering I didn't have much time before I had to go to work, I made some decent finds. Picked up Fleetwood Mac's self-titled 1975 album, another K-Tel record, and the 1980's comedy The Great Outdoors on DVD at one house, the She-Ra Volume 1, Season 1 2-disc set at another.

Work was busy when I came in, but it fell off quickly as the Town Wide Yard Sale slowed down. I did do some returns around 1, but I was mostly outside. That was fine, and in fact, preferable. It was too nice to be inside anyway. The weather was absolutely perfect, bright blue and windy and dry and just warm enough. I realized I forgot skim milk and oatmeal yesterday, and oatmeal is on sale this week - bought it on the way home.

When I got home, I did a little writing. Kylo Ren has arrived at the Skywalker Manor. He's the leather-clad head of the First Order Gang, who goes around in a mask in order to be more intimidating. The Skywalker Manor once belonged to his family...and now it belongs to his boss. He's about ready to kick the kids out when everyone hears more spooky noises, and Phasma sees a chair move. Thing is, the First Order Gang is all there, and confined their pranks to the first floor. The sounds are coming from the second. The moment their hear maniacal laughter, they all take off in a hurry, even Kylo Ren.

Ended my night with more Lego Star Wars. I was only able to finish one round tonight...but I did really well on it. "Rescue at Jabba's Palace" wasn't terribly hard before. It was the only round I got the red brick in the first time. This time, I got all 10 pieces as well, the first round I got all the pieces from. I just need to get "True Jedi" and the blue piece to finish that one.

Had no luck elsewhere. I couldn't remember how to get inside the skiff on "The Great Pit of Carkoon" and gave up on it. Ran out of time for the very long "Battle of Endor," though I did get some pieces there before I had to quit for the night.

No comments: