Sunday, June 24, 2018

Lazy Summer Afternoon

Today was my first of two early work days this week. It was pretty quiet when I arrived. Even as I left the apartment, the dark clouds were already starting to drift away. While I did do some returns and gathered baskets, I spent most of the day doing carts. The other bagger is one of the new teenagers, and he doesn't know where they all go yet. The crowds started picking up around 11:30-12 as most churches let out for the day and were still going strong when I left. I picked up a pretzel and hurried home.

Made Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Pancakes for lunch (I didn't have the time to whip them up for breakfast) while listening to Malt Shop Memories, one of my many oldies collections. This one is a little more upbeat than most, including two of the Four Seasons' biggest hits ("Big Girls Don't Cry" and "Sherry"), two classics from the Drifters ("Save the Last Dance For Me" and "This Magic Moment"), "Do You Wanna Dance" by Bobby Freeman, and "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King.

I haven't been sleeping well lately. I've had a stiff neck for a while and have been up way too late recently. Took a nap for an hour and a half after lunch to try to catch up on my sleep, then read another chapter of The Serpent's Shadow, the first Mercedes Lackey Elemental Masters fairy tale novel (based around Snow White).

Worked on writing for a little while after I rolled out of bed. Jeanne (Jyn) leads them into the main building. Quite a few members of the team are skeptical of them finding anything, including Kay and Harry. Jeanne knows what she's doing. She leads them right up to the main hall where the most valuable objects - including the swords - are being kept.

I wanted a real, genuine meal for dinner, but I forgot to defrost the chicken legs. I turned two cans of tuna and the vegetables I had in the refrigerator into tuna salad on a bed of spring greens with sliced orange peppers and steamed snap peas. Yum. The tuna actually complimented the greens rather nicely, and the peas were so sweet and crisp. Listened to the soundtrack from American Graffiti while I ate.

Finished the night with more Lego Clone Wars. I did pick up three more pieces from "Lair of Grevious," but then made the mistake of returning to the original Republic ship. I was hoping to pick up some of the remaining red bricks there, now that I have more characters, but I couldn't figure out how to get the right characters where I needed them to be to pick up the bricks! I'll try again tomorrow or later this week.

No comments: