Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Dungeons, Dragons, and Robots

The gray and gloomy morning when I rolled out of bed suited my gloomy mood. I cheered up with breakfast and one of the hour-long Backyardigans specials. Pablo is an "International Super Spy" who likes his apple juice shaken and his sports cars filled with gadgets. His boss Miss T(asha) sends him on an assignment to find four containers before the Lady In Pink (Uniqua) and her hench-moose Tyrone do. If they get their hands on it, it could be a recipe for disaster!

My eight and a half hour day wasn't too bad. It did get a little crazy in the mid-afternoon when the other bagger was outside and everyone wanted me to do everything at once. I did trash and returns in the morning; gathered baskets and carts and cleaned the bathrooms in the afternoon. While it remained cloudy and humid with occasional light showers, it at least was windy and cool for this time of year.

I was so worn out after work, I wasn't even up to making leftovers. The weather remained decent enough for me to eat at Sonic for dinner. While they were busy with quite a few cars in the lot at quarter after 6, I was the only one eating on the patio. I had a tasty and hot chicken sandwich, tater tots, and my favorite cherry limeade. Watched the cars at Sonic and their neighbor Chick Fil 'A come and go while I ate.

Had just walked in the door when my landlady came with an envelope. Charlie's going to be starting to repair the porch tomorrow if the weather's appropriate. At least it shouldn't be as disruptive as him doing the roof was last year. I'll have to go in and out through Charlie's side, but I also won't have to rearrange anything.

Played Lego Star Wars for an hour after she left. Went back and did "Shadow of Malevolence" and the "Genosis Arena" prologue. Got four pieces on the former (I think I did that one a little too fast - didn't give myself enough of a chance to explore) and all but two on the latter.

Finished the night online with more Mystery Science Theater 3000. Checked out their riff on The Magic Sword, which I watched sans commentary a few months ago. I have to agree with the guys on this one. This is actually one of the better movies they made fun of. It's surprisingly charming for B-movie fodder. Basil Rathbone and Estelle Winward have a great time chewing the scenery to shreds. Even the low-budget special effects add to the charm.

The Magic Sword

And I think I'd better get moving. Sounds like that storm that's threatened all day is about to burst...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Reaper miniatures