Thursday, August 16, 2018

Won't You Charleston With Me?

Today was my second of two early 7 hour shifts in a row. It was a bit cloudy when I headed out this morning, and not nearly as hot as it would be later. I worked on carts, did the outside trash and recycling, and did two carts of returns until the other bagger arrived around noon. I did get stuck on the registers for a while around 12:30 and before and after my second break. We weren't busy and there were no call-outs. We were just that short on help in the afternoon. Thankfully, it slowed down enough for me to put a full cart of candy away (with an assist from some of the high school and college cashiers who came in during the afternoon).

Went straight home after work. By this point, it had gotten hot along with humid, and the sun had returned. I spent the rest of the afternoon avoiding it. Read a few chapters of Cookie Dough or Die (which I hadn't gotten to this morning), then worked on writing for a little while.

Leia and Charel are seated by Artie, who serves them drinks. He, Clarence, and Larry have searched for Harry everywhere, to no avail. Yasmin is keeping him under lock and key. Luke has not yet arrived; he's planning strategy with Yoda, his boss at the Los Angeles Daily Star Ahsoka Tano, and the FBI. Leia's about to suggest they go find him when Roberto Fettara leads Harry in. The pilot is handsomely dressed in a white tuxedo, but he's also dazed and appears to be drugged or under hypnosis...

Broke at quarter of 7 for dinner and The Boy Friend. I review this 1971 musical at my new musical reviews blog, Musical Dreams. I've grown rather fond of it since I found the video in 2010, and it's a reminder that part of my reason for starting this third blog is to bring lesser-known musical films like this one to a wider audience.

The Boy Friend at Musical Dreams Movie Reviews

No comments: