Thursday, February 21, 2019

Springing Into Winter

I awoke to a sunny morning and the plip-plop of melting snow. Yesterday's storm was disappearing rapidly, even as I ate breakfast and ran an episode of The Backyardigans. Mounties Tyrone and Pablo guard "The Snow Fort" and its contents, the world's biggest snowball, from what they think are raiders. It's really ski patrol members Tasha and Uniqua, who think the boys need to be rescued.

The snow was vanishing rapidly, even as I strolled to work. It was almost completely gone by mid-way through my shift around 2 PM. While it was windy, it was also much warmer than yesterday, probably in the lower 50's. No wonder we were dead for most of the day. I did do some returns inside and gathered baskets when the carts were full, but for the most part, I spent the day outdoors, pushing carts, rounding up trash and recycling, and sweeping the front patio. It got mildly busy around noon, then went right back to being dead.

After having walked for a half-hour in each direction and spent almost six hours on my feet, I was dead tired when I got home. I uploaded my resume onto JJ Staffing's website, then did a little bit of writing. Palpatine taunts the captured Han, revealing his true name - Han of Corellia Manor, a deposed lord whose lands were sold to Baron Du Hutt. He's been doing Hutt's dirty work to pay off his debts. Lando holds back an angry Leia as Han goads the nasty ruler.

Broke for dinner at 7. I was too tired to make the meatballs I originally planned for tonight. I sauteed mushrooms, onion, celery, and leftover green beans in oil, then added the ground turkey, tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Topped it off with Colby-Jack cheese. Yum. Not bad, for something I threw together when I was completely dead on my feet.

I had enough juice left to review MGM's massive 1936 Oscar-winner, The Great Ziegfeld, at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. I actually found this one at the Collingswood Book Festival back in October, but held off on it when I came up with the idea of reviewing Oscar-winning musicals.

The Great Ziegfeld

No comments: