Saturday, January 16, 2021

Muppet and Matches Entertainment

Slept in this morning; didn't start Muppet Babies until past 10:30, after the rain had already passed. Razzie is "The Copy Cub" when she repeats everything her big brother Fozzie says and does. It's driving him crazy and keeping him from practicing for his big Joke Show. Bunsen and Beaker try to make two of Fozzie, so she'll copy the copy...but they end up making three Razzies instead! Now Fozzie has to figure out how to evade all three of them. "Animal Loses It" when he's fed up with losing every game he plays. Scooter and Skeeter invite the gang to play the jungle-themed board game they made. Animal has high hopes that he'll finally be a winner...but Nanny and Piggy help him learn that it's more important to have fun playing with your friends.

While I had no trouble calling Uber today, they were late, which meant I was late for work. Thankfully, that was the worst that happened all night. The Acme was busy when I came in, but they slowed down around 2 PM and never really got busy again. Once again, I was on my own until around 4, when more help arrived. Spent the last hour wiping down cooler handles and registers. No trouble whatsoever. 

Had some grocery shopping to do after work. Took advantage of an online coupon for Turkey Hill Ice Cream to treat myself to their Tin Roof Sundae (aka chocolate-covered peanuts in vanilla with fudge swirl). Found glass bottles of Chinese Five Spice and Herbs de Provenance in a cart filled with clearance spices and condiments. Thought I'd try frozen raspberries in my smoothies this week, since most fruit is expensive at this time of year. The Acme is having their occasional "Buck-a-Bag" produce sale; grabbed scallions, a bag of collard greens, cherry tomatoes, mini-cucumbers, baked rice pea snacks, and oranges. Restocked milk, yogurt, jam, ground turkey, a salad bowl for dinner at work this week, and chocolate chips. 

While I have slightly fewer hours next week, my schedule is otherwise an improvement. I still work pretty long on Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday, but next weekend isn't as bad. Sunday is the only early day. Tuesday and Thursday off. I should still have time to call Jessa and ask her about the phone line and getting a new bike in Deptford.

(Oh, and my cell phone works beautifully. My old phone would have been down to 60 or lower by the end of the night and probably would have reset before I could use Uber. The new phone only dropped to 97 by the end of the night.)

Let Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour run in the background while I put everything away. Poor Gene Rayburn had laryngitis during this episode and sounded terrible; several panelists expressed their concern for him, including Marcia Wallace and Charles Nelson Reilly. Other notable panelists that week including Pat Sajak (who just began hosting Wheel of Fortune at that point),  Larry Manetti of Magnum PI, and the late Helen Reddy. 

Finished the night online after a shower with That's Entertainment III. I go further into the final That's Entertainment documentary at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

No comments: