Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Trouble In the Winter

Began the morning with a quick breakfast and Mickey Mouse Mixed Up Adventures. "Pete and Goofy's Wild Ride" takes the cat and dog duo all across town when they accidentally hijack Billy Beagle's blimp. Billy, Mickey, and the others have to chase after them. Daisy, Minnie, and Cukoo-Loca are looking forward to celebrating What Makes You Happy Day...but they discover when they gather orders for banana bread to keep Clarabelle from leaving that "The Happiest Day of All!" for them is when they help make others happy.

Worked on writing for a while. Richard Dawson orders the remaining sailors to leave. He'll deal with the miscreants. No one is happy to see him. Brett flat-out attacks him, and Gene's still livid about his turning traitor. Richard regrets his decision to go with Goodson, especially after Goodson lied to him about putting Gene on trial. He'll take them to Jack Narz and help Brett find Charles and release the other women.

Broke in time to change into work clothes, call Uber, pack lunch and dinner, and head out. Work was on-and-off steady all day, neither really dead nor overwhelmingly busy. I spent almost the entire day outside, pushing carts and enjoying the gorgeous weather. It's back to being sunny, breezy, and in the mid-40's here. It's great for pushing carts, not too cold for the time of year or too warm. 

By the time I got off at 7, the Acme was dead...and so was I. I called Uber again. A car showed up, but I couldn't tell if it was the right one or not. It was black, but I couldn't see the make. I should have asked quicker. By the time I looked it up on my cell phone, the lady waited too long and left. When I tried to call another rider, the cell phone died and refused to get through to Uber again. I just ended up walking home, angry and frustrated with myself for not being more careful.

When I did finally get in, I took out the trash, then watched Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood while having snacks to bolster my spirits. "Daniel Goes to Sleep" shows off his nighttime routine, from one last bit of playtime with his sister Margaret to brushing his teeth and hearing a story. "Prince Wednesday Sleeps Over," joining Daniel and their stuffed animals in an indoor tent. While Prince Tuesday keeps an eye on Margaret, they settle down and try to help Tuesday calm Margaret as well.

Finished the night with That's Entertainment on the Watch TCM app after a much-needed shower. TCM showed the three That's Entertainment films on New Year's Eve. Frankly, I'm not really up to anything besides discussing this collection of numbers from MGM musicals, hosted by the stars who appeared in many of them. (Look for the other two movies on Thursday and Saturday!)

No comments: