Saturday, January 09, 2021

Ponies, Penguins, and Prices

Kicked off the morning with breakfast and the original My Little Pony on The Roku Channel. "Escape from Catrina," the second spring special, was eventually absorbed into the series as the show's two-part finale. Catrina (Tammy Grimes) is a witch whose powers rely on the production of Witchweed potion. She's forced the Bushwoolies to make the potion, but they rebel and flee her underground factory. Catrina sees the little ponies and their human friend Megan preparing for a costume party and tries to attack them, but Megan's Rainbow of Light pushes her back. She eventually sends her shape-shifting brother (Paul Williams) to capture one of the baby ponies and the rainbow, hoping to get rid of both.

Worked on writing for a little while after breakfast. Brett hands Gene the knife while she lets the others into Goodson's cabin. Gene tries to get Goodson to tell him where Jack is, but he's more interested in trying to figure out how Gene survived belly-flopping into the Atlantic.

Broke for lunch a little after 11. Buzzr runs black-and-white Bill Cullen Price Is Right episodes from the late 50's-early 60's on Saturday mornings. Came in just in time to witness a man win a car and a 12-inch bronze version of "The Thinker" statue. Caught the beginning of the next episode and got to see everyone bid on some really nifty patio furniture. I loved the swinging table-booth combo that reminded me of the ones that used to be at the water ice shop on the corner of the White Horse Pike and Cuthbert. 

Rose called as I was half-done with lunch. I still need to buy a new bike and a new cell phone, and I really should have done it ages ago. I haven't decided on a bike yet. When I pick a bike, we'll try to arrange for it to be shipped to a bike shop so they can put it together. I'd rather choose it in the shop, like I did when Dad took me to Cherry Hill to buy the one that got stolen, but the Cherry Hill shop doesn't allow browsing at the moment. I have to call Jessa to deal with the cell phone, since she's the one who mainly used the original line and would know more about how to change to a new phone and keep my old line.

Unfortunately, Rose's call meant I got a late start with Uber, which meant I was late to work. Spent the first couple of hours outside, enjoying a windy, sunny afternoon. We were busy through about 2:30; after that, the crowds vanished, and I had more help. Hung gift cards until the rush hour crowds came in at 5, when I tried to bag for one of the cashiers who had a long line. The manager decided she'd rather have me wipe doors for the final half-hour instead, despite the fact that I really didn't have the time for it.

Finished up the night at home, with leftover chicken, curried peas, and brown rice. Tried to watch Happy Feet while I ate, but the DVD turned out to be scratched and froze up on me half-way through. Finally finished it on Amazon Prime. 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Can't you just go buy a bike from Walmart? I've seen bike shop bikes; they seem very overpriced.

Emma said...

I want a good brand, better than anything Walmart carries. Something that will last me a long time.