Saturday, January 23, 2021

Take Me Out to the Matches

Began the morning with breakfast and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. "Daniel Uses His Words" when he's angry because his mother moved his farm animals and Miss Elaina threw his beloved stuffed animal Tigey. He's growling angry at first, until his mother insists that he can't tell people what's bothering him if he doesn't talk. Dan and Katerina say "All Aboard!" when they pretend to play train at school. Dan growls when he wants to be the conductor, and Katerina meows angrily when Dan puts other animals besides monkeys in the cars. Teacher Harriet reminds them to use their words and actually talk to one another.

Worked on writing for an hour or so after the cartoon ended. Goodson taunts Jack, telling him that he has Richard Dawson under his thumb. He also claims he has his brother and his crew, which Jack doesn't believe. Tom wants to throw Goodson out a window right then and there, but Richard has a better idea...

Broke with just enough time to change, pack muffins and a banana for lunch, and call Uber. Got to work on time, thankfully. I was outside the entire day. Other than it being freezing cold (barely in the 30's) and gale-force windy, there were no problems whatsoever. I was on my own outside until around 4, when more baggers arrived and joined me to help push and wipe down the few carts that needed to be done. No problems whatsoever. Called Uber and got home without a fuss.

Called Rose as soon as I got in, changed, and put on leftovers for dinner. Yes, she's still in quarantine, but they're almost done. She wants me to order a bike from a company or a shop and send it to the shop to put together. She says I'll have more choices that way. 

Whether we buy it from the shop or order it online, I really do need to figure out what I want. The trouble is, unlike with the cell phone, I have no idea what I want, other than a simple women's cruiser for between 250 and 400. The brand of bike I had before is not only expensive, but they don't make that line anymore. While I'm not getting something super-cheap from WalMart, I do want something decent. I just can't decide what that is. I have a couple of ideas. Rose suggested I take until Wednesday morning to figure it out.

Switched to YouTube while eating dinner. Hall of fame Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher and long-time announcer for the Atlanta Braves Don Sutton passed away earlier this week. Sutton was by far the best of the few professional athletes who occasionally appeared on the 1970's-80's Match Game. He was charming, funny, and not bad at the game. He first turned up in 1977 and proved to be so popular, he made occasionally appearances through the show's second syndicated season in 1980. 

Here's the marathon, so you can honor this fastball favorite!


Finished the night on Amazon Prime with Happy Feet 2. I go further into this sequel to the 2006 animated hit at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

No comments: