Thursday, September 23, 2021

Blues In the Rain

Began a gloomy morning with breakfast and Hogan's Heroes. The boys wonder "How's the Weather?" up there when London asks them for daily metrological reports. They first use their volleyball, then dig up balloons. They tell Klink they're for a party, but even Klink has the idea that something is going on...

Headed out shortly after the episode ended. Actually, my first day back at work could have been worse. I got help in the morning from a new bagger, and the head bagger was around for part of the afternoon until she had to take over monitoring self-checkout. 

The rain that threatened since before Lauren left yesterday finally came down around quarter of 12. Though they were mostly showers, we had a real doozy of a thunderstorm around 1:30. Lightning, noisy thunder, rain coming down a mile a minute. Thank goodness I opted to gather the outside recycling at that point (having done the trash earlier). The rain slowed down long enough for me to get home dry, but it's been off and on for the rest of the evening.

Rose called me while I was getting ready to go home. I was going to call her after I got dressed and had a snack...but then a very upset Jodie came in. She wasn't able to convince the realtor to let me stay. They consider this to be an extension of the main house, not a real apartment, because it doesn't have its own address. She's going to have to serve me with an eviction notice, whether we like it or not. She'll be showing the first prospective buyers around tomorrow morning. 

I shouldn't have gotten upset. It's my fault that I didn't find a place sooner. I knew Jodie would put it on the market eventually, and I should have pushed harder in finding an apartment. Jodie said it wasn't my fault. Of course, the house going on the market isn't, but it is my fault that I didn't try harder to find a place way back when she first announced it in January. I'm afraid I'll be stuck moving in with Rose or Mom, neither of whom really have the room for me. 

(Oh, and I did call Rose after she left, around 6, but to my knowledge, she hasn't called back.)

Finally broke to have leftovers for dinner around quarter of 7. Watched Nancy Goes to Rio while I ate. I go further into this charming 1950 Latin-flavored vehicle for Jane Powell at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

No comments: