Tuesday, July 03, 2007

All American Pains In the Rear

Work was a pain today. It was crazy-busy, with lines into the eisles, from about 2:30 to right when I left at quarter of 7. We had a lot of the obnoxious beginning-of-the-month people, and if they weren't beginning-of-the-month people, they were in a hurry to go to this picnic or that party. Someone spilled barbecue sauce in my line, which wouldn't have been such a big deal if people had paid attention to the baggers cleaning the spill up and the dark register light and stopped coming in. No, people ignored the light and ignored ME and just kept coming in, even an Acme employee who should have known better. People were just in such a hurry to get back to their family reunions and picnics.

I thought all the newspapers said everyone was down at the Shore!

I'm hoping tomorrow won't be nearly as bad. I work very, very early for me, from 7:30AM to 1PM. I'll get hit with the lunch rush, but hopefully most people will be in parades or at family barbecues by then.

Wow, I think one of the local towns are setting off fireworks. That's too noisy for illegal ones!

No comments: