Friday, July 13, 2007

Tell Everybody I'm On My Way

Did my first chore in over a week today. I decided to test my knee by returning a book that needed to go back to the Oaklyn Library. It was so hot, I stopped a Doria's Deli on West Clinton Avenue on the way back and picked up a diet soda as a treat. (I seldom drink soda anymore. It's not good for your bones, and I'm not really that big on diet soda. It has an awful aftertaste.)

My knee was sore, but not bad; certainly better than when I hurt it last year. It's not fun, but I can walk on it. This will be the last day I have it on the heating pad. The doctor said to have it on the heating pad and rest it as much as possible for a week, then exercise it. He even gave me a couple of pages of simple knee exercises to do.

Work was busy, but went fast, and nothing worse happened than a couple giving me attitudes because their food stamp card wouldn't work. Tomorrow's my last day of work before vacation; I also need to run to the bank and do my laundry.

No comments: