Sunday, July 08, 2007

Monkee Mania Beats the Heat

Very quiet day today. I worked unusually early this morning, from 9:30 to 1:30. I was rather surprised it was steady but not incredibly busy - it usually is on Sundays. I guess everyone really did run to the Shore this time.

Not that I can actually blame them. It's supposed to hit 100 tomorrow, and it wasn't exactly comfortable out today. I escaped the heat by spending the afternoon inside, watching "Monkees" episodes and eating frozen yogurt and home-made peach-apple sorbet and keeping my knee under a heating pad, as instructed by my doctor.

Sounds like more of the same tomorrow. I may get together with Rose tomorrow morning if she's not busy, but most of the day will probably be spent under a heating pad, laughing at the Monkees' crazy antics.

No comments: