Monday, July 02, 2007

Mr. Sun Comes Out To Play

Mother Nature has returned to a more amiable frame of mind; today was about 80 degrees, windy but otherwise dry, sunny, and comfortable. I took advantage of the lovely morning to go for a long walk around the neighborhood. I tried the playground at the Oaklyn-Lions Park behind the elementary school on Kendall Boulevard first, but it was filled with kids (probably from one of the three or four local daycare centers and day camps), so I moved on and made brief trips to the library and Doria's Deli instead. (I needed turkey lunchmeat and brown sugar at the latter; they have good prices for brown sugar, better than the Acme or the Super Fresh's.)

Work was steady but not insane until right up to when I left. I thankfully seem to have just missed the rush hour, coming-home-from-work crowd. It should be busier tomorrow, as anyone who didn't use this week for their vacation to the shore, the Poconos, or Atlantic City will be picking up last-minute items for their Fourth of July parties.

Oh, and Lauren and I finished the main story of "Hotel California" tonight. We should be finished with the whole thing tomorrow, and I imagine it'll be up by the weekend. I really want it up by next Monday at the latest, and certainly before vacation.

No comments: