Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And The Heat Goes On

Urgh. The heat wave continues in the South Jersey/Camden area. Hit 97 today, with humidity making it feel like 100. Thankfully, unlike last year, the heat doesn't appear to be sticking around. It's supposed to return to the 80s by the end of the week. (And please, PLEASE let it stay that way for my vacation!)

I did go out and buy sandals with Rose this morning. That was a pain and a half. Most of the styles we saw that weren't chunky, sporty guy-style Birkenstocks had high heels, practically no tread, and/or nothing on the back. Why do women's clothes styles have to be soooo impractical right now? I finally settled on a simple pair of dark-brown, sling-back sandals I found at Sears.

Work was ghost-town dead when I came in, but got busier as people started to come home from work and it got cooler. Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow; I intend to spend the entire day resting my knee and beating the heat.

No comments: