Sunday, December 02, 2007

The First Rain Of Winter

We did get some winter weather today. There was actually a slight dusting of snow on the ground this morning, not enough to coat the streets (I still rode my bike), but enough that my porch and steps were a bit icy. It took me longer to get upstairs and downstairs than it did to get to and from work!

Work was busy but not as much as it normally is on a Sunday, probably thanks to the weather and a genuinely exciting Eagles game (the apparently lost, but just barely, to the Seattle Seahawks). I got in and out with little fuss other than a few obnoxious beginning-of-the-month customers. Some of the baggers weren't as lucky. One girl said she was feeling really sick, but couldn't go home because two baggers had already gone home sick. She was crying in the break room, poor dear. I really felt bad for her, and I could certainly relate to her sentiments about hating her job.

I spent the rest of the day quietly reading books about musicals, listening to the Paper Mill Playhouse Follies Cast Album, and doing yoga.

Oh, and Miles had the honor of harvesting our first farm-fresh WebKinz carrots tonight. It looks like the cabbage may come up tomorrow.

No comments: