Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It Feels Like Christmas

It's just a week before Christmas Day, and cookie baking is in full swing. I did the peanut butter cookies this morning, using peanut spread instead of full-fat peanut butter, and you can't tell the difference at all. They came out beautiful and quite tasty.

I ran The Muppets Christmas Carol as I did the peanut butter cookies. Christmas Carol was the first Muppet film made after the death of Jim Henson, but the tumult hardly shows - it's one of the very best Muppet films, a fine and funny version of one of literature's most famous holiday tales. I'm going to say Gonzo as "a blue furry Charles Dickens who talks to a rat" and Rizzo are my favorites here, but everyone's good, including Michael Caine as Scrooge.

Work was a bit of a pain today. It got busier as people got out of work, but two late-shift baggers called out and we were, once again, short on help. I went out with two of the teenage cashiers in the last twenty minutes of my shift and helped them with carts. They fussed so much about the cold! It's cold, but it's not freezing, probably about 35 tonight, normal for this time of year. You'd think it was 30 bellow, the way they carried on.

No comments: