Friday, December 28, 2007

Heading Towards The New Year

Not a terribly exciting day. Picked up my paycheck and did my weekly grocery shopping in the morning. Also picked up another Hello Kitty DVD at the Acme, this one devoted to spoofs of adventure-oriented stories. "Peter Penguin" (a take on "Peter Pan") and "Tar-Sam Of the Jungle" were the most fun this time around, but most kids probably won't get "Crocodile Penguin" unless they have parents who are fans of 80s movies or 80s wrestling (as the episode makes fun of both).

I also picked up this year's kids' calender. I bought a Strawberry Shortcake calender last year when I thought I wouldn't get the retro-oriented calenders I usually receive for Christmas. I did get a calender (retro Coke ads), so Strawberry went in my room across from my bed instead. I'm glad she did. I always felt better seeing her cheery face every morning. I liked it so much, I decided to get another kid-oriented calender for my room for 2008. I couldn't find Strawberry, so I went with the Disney Pooh and his pals.

This evening, after dinner, I experimented with my first Coconut Macaroons. I had more than half a bag of coconut left from the Cherry Coconut Bars I made for Christmas, so I thought I'd make more cookies. There was a recipe on the Baker's Coconut Bag that looked good (and not too fattening, as they required egg whites and are fairly low on sugar, not to mention I'm still using the half white/half Splenda mix). They came out slightly gooey but generally pretty well.

No comments: