Monday, December 31, 2007

Have A Happy New Year!

The last day of 2007 did not begin well for me. I twice tried to call my mom and stepdad to thank them for the presents, but the first time (early in the morning, around 8AM) Mom and Keefe were gone and Dad sounded like he'd just gotten up, and the second time, no one was home.

When I went downstairs, I found two big orange "paid" stickers stuck on my bike, one on a reflector I need at night. I knew the teenage boys who work at the Acme probably did it; not to be mean, but because they're bored and don't have the sense to find something else besides stickers to keep themselves occupied for their 15 minute break. (Most of them don't have two brain cells to rub together.) I was almost late for work because I had to scrape those stupid stickers off. I really kids would learn to keep their hands off other people's property.

Work was far busier than Christmas Eve was last week, with long lines all day. I guess a lot of people around here have New Year's Eve parties.

Must be nice to have somewhere to go. I was supposed to have spent tonight chatting with Lauren, but it turns out she was up for hours and hours shoveling snow in her big backyard with her father. Western Massachusetts received up to six inches or more of snow, with more coming. She simply wasn't up to talking and cut out after an hour to fall asleep over wrestling. So, for the second year in a row, I spent New Year's Eve with my computer, radio, and 30 stuffed animals, eating pizza.

What's my resolution for this year?

To spend next New Year's Eve with real, live, honest-to-god people. Not stuffed people. Not people on the Internet or the radio. REAL PEOPLE.

Here's hoping all of you have a safe and happy 2008 surrounded by everyone you love!

1 comment:

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.