Saturday, December 01, 2007

Cranberry Christmas

I ran to the bank this morning to deposit my money...then realized I didn't have enough for the rent AND counseling next week. It'll cover the rent, but there won't be much left. Oh, well, I just won't have as much money on me this week.

I stopped at 7-11 to see if they had any of the seasonal Cranberry Splash Slurpee, based after the Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash soda that's out again for the holidays. Yes, they did, so I bought half a 12 oz cup. Oooh, was that GOOOOD stuff! Tart but not too tangy, sweet but not overly so like some Slurpee flavors. It was 40 degrees out this morning, and I still loved it. I may have to have that again at least once before the end of the holiday season.

Work was busy, busy, busy! We had the help; it was just BUSY. It's the beginning of the month, and people are out spending their checks and food stamps. Adding to this is the nasty local weather reports. We MAY get snow tonight, along with freezing rain. It'll more likely rain, but even if it does snow, I doubt it'll be any real accumulation. And even if it accumulates, I really don't understand why everyone around here makes such a fuss, anyway. It's not like most people in northern Camden County are more than five minutes from a grocery or convenience store. The panic is more understandable in Cape May County, where many people really DO live far from grocery stores, but here it's just silly.

Ooh, and my WebKinz harvested their first garden-fresh fruit and vegetables today! Rosie Pony had the honor of picking our ripe, tasty pumpkins and watermelons!

No comments: