Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A River With A View

I spent a fairly quiet morning messing around online, until I got bored later in the afternoon and decided to go for a walk in Veteran's Park next-door. It was cloudy but not too cold or windy. I walked around the small park, past the edge of the cliff where there's a tree with outstretched limbs that are popular for climbing, and headed for the wooded area in back of the WFW. Last year, I discovered several little paths winding around and through the woods, leading out to the train tracks, where one can take in an impressive view of the river and the surrounding area from the train bridge over the river. (One of these days, I WILL remember to bring my camera on these jaunts!)

Somewhere around December and January, I began to see people in the back of the VFW, cutting loads of wood into mulch. I thought they were recycling Christmas trees, but alas, it seems they were demolishing the woods. Though a few paths remained and I did still get my walk in, it had lost the sense of quiet privacy and peace it had last year. I debated walking across the train tracks just to see what was on the other side, but I finally decided I didn't have the time and headed home.

Work was quiet initially, but we got the usual crowds around 4PM, which wasn't aided by a lack of help. Other than that and a few mildly annoying customers, no problems tonight. My ride to and from work was windless and mild both ways.

No comments: