Thursday, April 03, 2008

Think Pink!

Spent the morning going through my spring and summer clothes. It's still too early for shorts and tank-tops, but I wanted to see what I need and what can be donated. I also wanted to put away any very heavy sweaters and shirts, turtlenecks, and my corduroy pants and skirt. The weather's been consistently 50-60 degrees here since the middle of last month, and if we do get a radical change in temperature, I can just go a few steps into the back room and fish a turtleneck out of the containers. (That's one of the reasons I took this apartment. Unlike most people, I don't keep things store my things in a musty attic or garage. There's a big, unheated room in the very back of my apartment that's perfect for keeping anything I don't need in the main rooms.)

I also got around to calling Mom. She seemed pretty happy. She was cleaning the windows around the house. Dad was talking to his boss on the other phone. They're both getting ready to add grass seed to their new, mostly dirt backyard.

I had two big bags of clothes to donate for the thrift shop, mostly T-shirts, long-sleeved shirts, and tank tops that were too big. I picked up some shorts on sale towards the end of last summer, so what I really need now are capris, t-shirts, and tank tops. I didn't see anything I liked at the thrift shop, so I went across the street to the Collingswood Variety Store and bought a new WebKinz, then went down the street and had lunch at Saladworks. Saladworks is pretty much the only out-and-out "fast food" joint in Collingswood. As you can tell from the name, it specializes in salads, wraps, and fancy sandwiches with only the freshest ingredients. It was about 12:30 when I hit there, and the place was packed with college students and professional people seeking a quick but healthful lunch. I had a tasty Mandarin Chicken Salad Wrap (spring greens, chicken, orange sections, dried cranberries, Asian sesame dressing) and a diet soda.

I went to counseling after lunch. Scott and I discussed the possibility of my having Asberger's and what else may have caused my problems. While I do have many of the traits of Asberger's, I think Scott may be right that a lot of it is heavy social anxiety caused by years of frustration. He backed my sister's suggestion that I join a yoga class or gym and agreed with me that I need to push harder for finding a job, whether I end up going to college or not.

I stopped at the TreeHouse Cafe for a quick hot chocolate, then went home. I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning my kitchen, doing windows, and reading the books Mom and Lauren sent me in the past few days. (Lauren sent the What Color Is Your Parachute? books for 2001 and 2002 yesterday.)

Oh, and meet Rouge, my Pink Poodle! A star dancer of the ParisKinz Ballet, this diva now makes her home in the new Pink Ribbon Condo (using the Pretty In Pink theme and other pink-and/or-white items). Large Pink Poodles are the WebKinz Pet of the Month, so she came with extra goodies in the form of a Wish Token (my third) and a Lurking Lagoon.

I'm having a few problems with my site. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to call Ganz, but my Cozy Lodge Living Room keeps freezing when I try to go in it. When I can get in it, I can't turn anything around in there. I bought a second Barrel Chest for the corner a few days ago, and I can't turn it the way I want it. The Lodge is the only room having this problem. The others are all fine.

No comments: