Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Balance In the Morning...But Not At Work

I did this week's yoga class this morning. Between a small class (just six today), an easier type of movement (half of the Wednesday class is devoted to Yin Yoga, which involves long-held poses to open joints), and the lovely, cool weather, I enjoyed my morning out. I browsed around Collingswood after class. I didn't buy anything, but I did note that not only has the Collingswood Variety Store gotten in the new (large-size) WebKinz, but they now carry more of them and a better selection.

Work didn't go nearly as well. My four-and-a-half-hour day felt more like ten, thanks to a fairly quiet evening and some obnoxious customers. I think I mentioned the sale that involved buying $25 worth of groceries in order to get a 5 for $12 sale on 12 packs of Coke in an earlier entry. It's still a pain in the neck. Today, a woman threw a fit when I tried to explain about it. She said the sign on the aisle hadn't said anything about needing to buy $25 to get the soda sale, and then went on and on about how terrible the store was and we were and why did she come here? I got sick of it and said a few things I shouldn't have myself. While supposedly the woman complained, I never heard anything about it. (Luckily, it seemed to happen while we were in the midst of shift-changes. Neither the outgoing nor the ingoing manager heard anything about it.) I hope they never do a sale like this again. I knew it was going to be nothing but trouble and no one would read that ad right...or read it at all.

No comments: