Friday, September 26, 2008

Musical Shelves

With this now my only day off, I spent the morning running errands. I got my paycheck at the Acme and bought a few groceries, then went to America's Best to see if my contacts were in yet. (They weren't.) I went to Wal-Mart after that to see if they had those wire shelves Lauren uses for her stuffed animals. I thought I'd use them for my Care Bears and to finally get some of my stuffed animals off my couch, chair, and bed. No luck, but I did finally find a DVD rack that looks like the one I got from the Wildwood Acme. It's a much darker color, like cherry instead of ash, but it's the same type that allows you to see all of the DVDs at once. It cost $22 with tax, which is certainly more expensive than getting it for free...but grocery stores don't close every day.

After going home and putting things away, I made a quick run to the bank and to Doria's Deli for brown sugar. (It's much cheaper there than at any grocery store.) The weather hadn't been great all day. I hadn't rained again, but it had sprinkled and misted on and off all day. The clouds remained, and the humidity was terrible. Not to mention, I had the feeling the weather wasn't quite done yet. (As far as I know, it hasn't rained since last night...but it's looked like it could.)

I spent the rest of the afternoon baking whole wheat bread, putting my new shelf together, organizing the DVDs, organizing the hardback books after I finally moved the book shelf I'd been using for the DVDs into my bedroom, and watching musicals. I was still feeling in the mood for light-hearted stories, nothing too deep. Inspired by Dancing Lady, I decided to run through some of the MGM musicals I taped off of TCM in college, including Lovely To Look At, Silk Stockings, the Warner Bros musical Look For the Silver Lining, the end of The Broadway Melody of 1940, and a special about Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy I taped off of PBS.

No comments: