Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Return of Summer

Summer was back with a vengeance today as the temperatures climbed into the upper 80s-lower 90s for the first time in weeks. Even so, I had things to do and errands to run, since I didn't work until 4PM. I did my library volunteering early this afternoon, likely my last for a few weeks. I just did the children's DVDs. I must have either just missed Storybook Hour, or it ended after the summer. There were fewer kids around this time, and the librarians were still working on signing in the many DVDs that had been returned in the past few days.

I made a very quick trip to the Walgreens in Westmont after leaving the library in search of WebKinz. None of the WCares WebKinz of the Month - the Black Bear, the Monkey, and the Panda - interest me this time around, but Lauren said she'd like to have the Monkey. Unfortunately, the Lil'Kinz Monkey (and the Lil'Kinz Panda) are both retired and very rare. All I saw were Black Bears and Cows and St. Bernards leftover from previous months. I went home empty-handed and spent the rest of the afternoon working on editing some of the role-play stories Lauren and I have worked on over the past few days.

Speaking of Lauren, I found out something rather annoying when I read the Courier Post newspaper today. Apparently, we're supposed to get rain and wind all day Saturday...the day I leave for New England, of course. As long as there's no thunder traveling shouldn't be effected, but it may mean I won't be able to get to the Farm Market as I'd originally planned. Yahoo!Weather confirmed this later in the evening when I got home from work.

(And speaking of work, that was steady when I came in at 4, steady-but-dying when I left at 8. I suspect it'll be like that for the rest of the week. While it is right after a major holiday, it's also the beginning of the month, and most kids just went back to school or are getting ready to do so.)

1 comment:

Linda said...

It's probably from Hanna...we've got rain forecast on Friday.