Monday, January 12, 2009

Better Balance

I did Yogawood today. I really prefer doing it on Monday; I can get it out of the way, and it's a great way to start off my week. Evidently, I'm not the only one. The class was jammed full when I got in. There were more than twenty people in the small room! I ended up at the very back, next to the door and the radiator. Even without a lot of room to move, I still got a fairly good practice in. On one hand, I seem to be much bigger than most of the people who come to class. I couldn't get the strap around me for the opening exercises without it coming apart! On the other hand, my balance is getting better, and I could do a few balancing exercises I couldn't do before, including the basics of that Tree Pose.

After I got home, I made the last bag of Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cookies until November. I finished the last of the cookies I got from Samantha and David for Christmas two days ago and needed to refill the cookie jar. I think I undercooked the first batch, but most of them came out fine. And by the way, a few tablespoons of buttermilk tastes divine in gingerbread and makes it very moist. I worked on editing this month's Monkees role play (which we finished last night) for the rest of the afternoon until work.

Work was steady, not as dead as yesterday and not as busy as last week. There were no major problems, and I had no relief and got out on time.

No comments: