Saturday, January 03, 2009

Football Mania

Work was pretty much the same as yesterday, and in fact, even more so. It was so busy up front, we kept having to call everyone else - bakers, stock workers, even deli people - to help out. There weren't even any call-outs. It was just that busy of a day! It's not surprising, either. There's big football games, both college bowl games and pro playoff games, all weekend long. Many people are recovering from the Christmas and New Year's holidays and need to restock their kitchens and pantries. And of course, as I mentioned in yesterday's entry, it's the beginning of the month. People who only get money now are doing their shopping. Not to mention, many people may have put off doing major shopping over the holidays as well and are trying to get caught up.

We had a small party in the back room for the Eagles game tomorrow. There were two plates of cookies, chocolate-covered pretzels, and candy from the bakery. Someone brought in potato chips, corn chips, cheese curls, and layered bean dip. I brought bread made with the last of the candied fruit from the Christmas Stolen. Not the healthiest lunch, but I did enjoy it.

After I got home, I pulled out my cleaning supplies and did the bathroom. I'd normally wait until after I've gotten down the Christmas decorations, but the bathroom and the kitchen haven't been done since right after Thanksgiving and are really, really bad. I'll do the kitchen tomorrow morning, then finish the rest of the cleaning after the displays and the tree come down in the middle of next week.

I'm not having much luck with getting rid of this virus. I've run a malware program, two spyware programs, Ad-Aware, and AVG. Most of them recognize the virus, but they won't get rid of it. On advice from Lauren and several reputable computer advice forums, I deleted all Java applications but the current one tonight. I'm hoping that'll help after I shut the computer down this evening.

I'm just really frustrated right now. The computer, which is how I talk to my best friend, is giving me trouble. I'm afraid it'll die if I can't get rid of this virus. Most of my Christmas money is going to have to go into the rent. I need a new CD/cassette player and I still need more clothes...but except for new errands-running sneakers, they're going to have to wait. I have to pay the rent first. I know that's not what Mom, Uncle Ken, and my dads wanted me to do with the money. They wanted me to buy clothes.

I won't need those tighter clothes soon, anyway. I've been gaining weight. Yeah, I know, everyone gains weight over the holidays, but I was starting to do good again! I expected to be down to a nice, normal, average 140 by last summer. I was at 194 on Monday, and I'll bet I've gained at least ten pounds since then. I'll never lose the weight. I've been craving peanut butter lately, by the spoonful. I can't help it. I just eat. It's what I do.

The Acme is just driving me crazy. If I were as smart as everyone says I am, I'd find a way to get a job. And don't give me the junk about the bad economy. The economy hasn't been bad for seven years. I haven't been able to find a real job in seven years.

No comments: