Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Have a Very Wet New Year

The weather today was incredibly miserable. It rained on and off all day, sometimes quite heavily. I had to ask for a ride to work. Dolores drove me to the Acme (she had to pick up some things anyway); Jessa drove me home. It might have been just as well. I ended up spending most of the day at work. Donna called me in around 8:30 to ask me if I would come in at 10. I originally said no, I had things planned for this morning with my sister...but then I called Rose five minutes later to see if she was ready for Yogawood today. Of course, she'd completely forgotten and now had no time for yoga classes. I called Donna back and told her I could work after all, and I did. Thankfully, the day went quickly, despite this being the first time I've worked eight hours in over a month. It was quiet in the morning, busy by the time we got to the usua 4PM rush hour, with no major problems. Turns out I went in for an older woman who had just had major surgery not long ago and wasn't really up for a long day's work.

No comments: