Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kitchen Kabaret

Finally got to cleaning the kitchen this morning, after putting it off for almost a week. There was a really terrible rust-brown ring around the sink under the dish pan, and I was tired of staring at it every time I did the dishes. I also dusted, and THAT was a mess. I have no idea where the dust is coming from. Maybe the drafts in the windows are worse than I thought.

I ran Broadway cast album LPs while I cleaned. I opted for a theme - a musical for each decade of the 20th century from the 50s onwards. Did The King and I for the 50s (the studio cast recording with Barbara Cook I found at the thrift shop a month ago). I hadn't listened to the copy of Camelot I bought at Russkoff's yet, so I made that my 60s selection. The original 1973 Grease was my 70s selection, and the 1983 Twiggy/Tommy Tune vehicle My One and Only was the 80s album.

Work was pretty much the same as yesterday - steady when I arrived, dying when I left. There were no major problems, and my relief was on time.

Far from being too cold to ride, I had one of my best rides to and from work in a long time! Yes, it was cold for this area, in the mid-20s, but the air was crisp and clear, and there was no wind, snow, rain, or anything. It felt good to breath in that clear, dry air! I might have overbundled myself - I was sweating when I arrived at work!

No comments: