Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Between Snow and a Cold Place

There was some snow on the ground when I got up this morning. It wasn't really much, certainly not enough to warrant yesterday's fuss. The sky, however, remained pale gray all day, almost white, a good indication that more snow is on the way. I did my laundry this morning and ran to WaWa for skim milk and Doria's Deli for brown sugar while the laundry was in the dryer. Dad, Uncle Ken, and Dolores were all home. Dad was puttering around on the computer, as always. The other two were doing chores. Dad had The Weather Channel on when I got in from my errands. He said things may get very messy tomorrow, with freezing rain and sleet in addition to snow here. Swell. Tomorrow WOULD be one of my two early work days this week.

Speaking of work, that was a bit crazy when I came in. Not only was it busy, thanks to the weather reports, but one of the morning cashiers had called out and they were short-handed. There were no call-outs in the evening and we gradually got more help as the night went on. Good thing, too, because it remained busy. It was STILL busy when I left, mostly people hoping to grab one last item before the storm hits.

I rode to and from work with no problems. By the time I went to work, almost all of the snow from last night was gone, and while I felt tiny drops of SOMETHING on my way home, at press time everything is still dry here.

No comments: