Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Split Balance

Did Yogawood this morning. It was a surprisingly full class for a very cold Wednesday morning. Maybe I wasn't the only person who avoided the Monday class due to the weather? Good thing I showed up a little early this time. I was able to get a seat up front. They were really sardine-packed, with over 20 men and women.

There were a lot of really difficult moves today, including a few we'd never tried. One involved getting down on your knees, and eventually into a split. Forget that. First of all, my left knee had an absolute screaming fit. Second, I'm still overweight and not nearly limber enough for any split besides the banana variety. I did Child's Pose instead.

I browsed Collingswood after that. The only thing I ended up buying was a birthday present at the thrift shop. There were still no new WebKinz at the Collingswood Variety Store. I'm hoping to go to Audubon tomorrow anyway. I want to at least find that new Emperor Dragon, or maybe the Groundhog. (The latter would certainly be appropriate this close to Pennsylvania.) Willie the Woodsman and Wife doesn't have the selection or the sheer stock that the larger Collingswood Variety Store does, but they have better prices and carry more rarities, including Lil'Kinz, bookmarks, stationary, and seasonal items. Not to mention, they almost always get the new stuff first.

Spent the rest of the afternoon editing three of the short stories Lauren and I worked on. (The January Monkees Role Play went up late last week - I forgot to mention that here.) It was still cold and a little icy when I headed to work, but I made it there and back with no problems.

Work was mostly on-and-off busy. The only real problem was late in the evening, about an hour before I left. An older woman tried to pay for a gift card and her order with a check, but the check wouldn't go through, and it took us three tries before a manager told us you can't pay for a gift card with a check. Turned out she didn't have the money on her to pay for the actual order, so she and the three noisy kids with her, just left. I'm glad she was really good about it, but it was annoying.

No comments: