Monday, January 26, 2009

Chilled Balance

My ride to Yogawood was chilly but nice, with sunshine, a few stray clouds, and no wind. Class was mid-sized, with about 10 people counting Jill the teacher, and not as big as I figured it would be on a Monday morning. It wasn't as hard as the last few weeks, either, no fancy balancing poses. I'm wondering if I can't do the crow pose (squat down and lean on your hands and shoulders) yet because I'm afraid? Afraid of falling, afraid of hurting myself, afraid I literally won't be able to shoulder my huge, elephant-sized frame.

I didn't stick around in Collingswood after class this time. I don't have a lot of money and I still need skim milk and buttermilk. (I'll get the skim milk tomorrow when I do my laundry.) I rode straight home and spent the rest of the afternoon updating my finances. The check for the dentist's office went through, but not the ones for my bills yet. I wanted to see just how much money I have in the bank and how late my rent will be this time. I got my W-2 at work today, so I should be able to do my taxes this week and relieve some of that money trouble.

Work was steady-to-busy, not surprising given the weather reports. Right now, it's saying we may get 1-4 inches of snow, sleet, and/or freezing rain starting tomorrow evening. We'll see what happens.

No comments: