Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tales From the Laundry Room

Yup, today was Laundry Day. To be honest, that's pretty much all I did. I read Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates while the laundry was in the washer. Dad was watching Tales From the Crypt when I went back upstairs (the laundry room is in the basement). The last thing I felt like watching was a horror anthology, so I spent the next hour and a half reading books and magazines at the Oaklyn Library and buying brown sugar from Doria's Deli. (It's cheaper there than even at Wal-Mart, and I like the dark brown sugar better anyway.) I worked on editing the role play and had lunch for the last hour before heading off to work.

Work was slightly busier, but otherwise exactly the same as yesterday. Busy when I came in, quiet when I left, no problems, no relief, left on time.

I missed the small package on Miss Ellie's porch when I came in. She called me and told me about it. It was the first part of my Barnes and Noble order, the first Melendys book, The Saturdays, set when the kids still lived in New York. Looks like a lot of fun!

No comments: