Saturday, April 11, 2009

"In Spring, The Easter Bunny Never Sleeps"

Opened the day with Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears while wrapping Lauren's groundhog. The Strawberry episode was a repeat of the one where Peppermint Fizz cheats at the kids' annual Games Day, but the first half of Care Bears wasn't familiar. The male Care Bears are upset when the female Bears opt to ask girl kid McKenna to help put up a swing instead of them, so they start their own "club" and build their own no-girls-allowed tree house. The boys-against-girls war escalates from there, until poor McKenna is ousted from both clubs and ends up making friends with Wing Nut the Robot. The second episode was a repeat, but an apt one, given my birthday is Tuesday. Love-a-Lot is upset when she thinks Cheer Bear forgot her birthday, but it turns out two of Grizzle's robots stole her present to make him feel better.

It rained on and off all morning, but that didn't stop me from running all the errands I had to do today! I first stopped briefly at Dad's to ask him and Jodie when we're going to our cousins Karen and Jim's tomorrow for Easter dinner. They told me 1PM. After that, I headed to the post office to ship Lauren's package, then to the bank and to Doria's Deli to buy eggs and to give the owners cupcakes for helping me with the bike last week.

I realized at this point that I'd forgotten to bring the DVDs and book that needed to go back to the Oaklyn Library today. Turned on Manor and headed home to store the eggs in the fridge and grab the books. The Oaklyn Library was having a Flower Sale today, rain or no rain, but alas, it was over and sold out by the time I arrived. They were just taking down the tent when I went in the door. I returned my items and went to WaWa for milk and Fat Free French Vanilla Cappuccino instead.

The rain was picking up by the time I finally made it home. I opted for a ride to work. Dad drove me to and from the Acme. I did a little bit of grocery shopping after my shift, mostly fruits and vegetables that needed to be stocked, yogurt, and oatmeal. Work was mobbed, not surprising between the weather, Easter tomorrow, and there being a 3-day sale this weekend, but there were no real problems.

No comments: