Monday, April 13, 2009

A View to a Laundry Room

Yup, today was laundry day. I debated putting it off until Wednesday, but the weather reports say off-and-on showers for that day. Dad, Jessa, and Uncle Ken were all at home when I arrived. I joined Dad for the second half of the James Bond movie A View to a Kill (awesome Duran Duran theme song...so-so Bond), then went upstairs to say "hi" to Jessa, who is on her spring break. She was just laying around in her pajamas, doing stuff online. I picked my way through the junk pile she calls a bedroom and had a nice chat with her about Easter, my birthday, and Pokemon.

Did a few things around the apartment after I tossed everything in the dryer. I sliced the leftover birthday cake from yesterday into four wedges. I put two wedges in the refrigerator and the other two in the freezer. Even half of that cake is too much for me to eat at once, and I'll probably be getting more cake tomorrow. After that, I put away the Easter decorations and organized some of the journals and scrapbooks I have in the back room.

I had a lot of laundry today, thanks to doing last month's towels...but I'd also gotten started earlier than usual, around quarter after 9 instead of between 10 and 11. For once, I was able to leave for work on time and actually arrive early.

Arriving early may not have been the best idea. There wasn't much to do. It was dead as a doornail for most of the day, except for one big jolt during the usual 4PM-6PM rush hour. There was even plenty of help, what with teenagers off of school for the week. The only problems was with a few items, mostly soda, that some people had forgotten to take down the 3-day sale signs for. Some folks were really upset about the 12-packs of Pepsi and Coke not being on sale anymore. One guy found signs they hadn't taken down and demanded he get the sale anyway. We had to give it to him...but I really wish people would be more careful.

It was sunny, windy, and chilly when I went into work. By the time it was done, the chill and wind remained, but they had been joined by clouds. I raced home right after I got off of work, hoping to beat the rain we were supposed to be getting tonight. I did by about four hours. It didn't start raining until 20 minutes ago, and then not hard.

No comments: