Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring Fling with a Wolverine and a Koala

It was an absolutely perfect day weather-wise, sunny, breezy, and warm but not too much like it's supposed to be over the weekend. Shame I didn't get to spend much time in it. I worked for most of the day. It was a real pain in the rear in the late morning and early afternoon. Seems half the store called out for one reason or another, leaving just about every department short-handed. Poor Jackie, the only person at customer service, was going crazy. The lines were ridiculously long until the college and high school kids started arriving later in the afternoon, when it cooled down to merely steady.

It was too nice to just go home after work. I decided to go for a ride over to FYE instead. I wanted to see if they had the first two X-Men movies. Neither of the libraries do, rather surprising given this series' popularity. I really ended up liking the third movie, despite the complaints from friends that it was the worst of the series. I'm not a big comic book fan and have no idea what's the back story here (and I'm generally more of a DC superhero girl), but the characters and premise (mutants as metaphors for all kinds of things people want to suppress) were intriguing enough for me to want more. Well, that and James Marsden and Hugh Jackman in tight leather.

Not only did I get both movies for cheaper than they were at Target, thanks to my Membership Card and that 20% off used items sale, but I also found another great sale. For some reason, FYE was selling Lil'Kinz Koalas for $5 with any purchase. Well, why not?

So...say "g'day, mate!" to Olivia, my baby koala! Named for Australian singer Olivia Newton-John, I may move her into the space in Miles the Black Bear's room recently vacated by Marza Panda until I can find her something else.

No comments: