Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sunshine and Yellow Daffodils

Didn't sleep in quite as late this morning as on previous Sundays. Just as well; I worked earlier than on previous Sundays, at quarter after 12. Work was surprisingly steady-to-dead for such a gorgeous Sunday afternoon. Today is Palm Sunday, the Sunday before Easter. I assume most people were at Palm Sunday services or just enjoying the mid-60 degree temperatures, bright, sunny skies, and mild breezes.

Called Mom this morning after a breakfast of Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes. I'd called her earlier and gotten a busy signal; she was apparently talking to Rose. Rose and Mom are both fine. Mom wanted to know what I wanted for my birthday dinner next Tuesday. I really want roast beef. I rarely buy beef. It's expensive, most steaks are too big for me, and it's not really all that good for you. When I do buy it, I buy the least-expensive packs of cubed or round cut steaks on sale.

It was such a lovely day, I went for a short walk after dinner. I'm glad I did. The whole neighborhood is in full bloom. Daffodils and hyacinths are blossoming in gardens. White petals float daintily from trees and shrubs. The dogwood blossoms are gorgeous shades of pink and white. I just walked around the neighborhood and down to Veteran's Park next-door, stopping to pick some daffodils from the plot next to the house for the big red vase in the music room.

No comments: