Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Working in the Garden

Did chores this morning. I ran a very small load of laundry over to Dad and Uncle Ken's and raked the front yard and gathered sticks while it was in the dryer. I got as much done as I could, considering how high the grass is. It was too high for me to rake on the edge of the property near Miss Ellie's car. I hope she can get her nephew or our neighbor to mow it soon. (That's one thing I've never learned to do. Dad always did it when I lived with my parents, and there was no grass to mow in Wildwood.) The yard looks much better, and I earned 20 bucks. I'll do the path leading to my apartment tomorrow morning. I might have done it today, but while it was somewhat cooler and there was a nice breeze, it's still pretty hot out there.

Work was steady up through 6-ish, after which it died very hard. No problems, got out on time. Great ride, thanks to the breezes.

No comments: