Saturday, April 18, 2009

Worn Out

Started today with Strawberry Shortcake as I ate a mushroom omelet and English muffin for breakast. Strawberry and her buddies Blueberry Muffin and Rainbow Sherbet are recruited to help beach-dweller Coco Calypso find out who's been stealing the Sea Berries she uses to make her Sea Berry Treats. Coco lives by herself and feels lonely...until the girls discover what's really living in the Sea Berry Ocean!

The Care Bears episode was a repeat, so I put on Sailor Moon instead while working on bills. When everything was ready, I popped my head out my front door...and realized that it was HOT out there. Not just warm. Hot. At least 70 degrees and sunny, with no wind. It was too warm for even a light sweater. I ran my errands in a t-shirt, work pants, and sandals.

Headed briefly to the post office first to drop off my bills, then to the dentist to deliver her bill. Went to the bank next to deposit my birthday money in my savings and checking account. (And forgot the rebate check I was going to cash. Oh well, I'll do it Monday.) Stopped at Doria's Deli for a Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi and to say "hi" to the owners before heading home.

I didn't have much time for lunch or getting everything together. I left early to check out two yard sales, but they were mostly clothes and baby items, nothing really of interest. Work was dead when I came in, steady when I left. It looked like many people opted to take advantage of the weather with impromptu barbecues, from the many packs of hot dogs and pre-made hamburgers and bottles of ketchup and mustard people bought this afternoon!

I wasn't one of those people. I was so tired when I got out of work, I barely made it behind the Acme to Tu Se Bella's. I just ordered a simple Cheeseburger and fries with lettuce, tomato, and onion. It wasn't bad when I came in, but the place was starting to fill by the time I finally got the burger, which is probably why it took so long. The waitress was really nice about it, though. I left her a good tip.

It was probably just as well that I didn't need much in the way of groceries today. Got applesauce, grapefruit, bananas, yogurt, brown sugar, canned white and black beans, Oatmeal Squares cereal, and red potatoes, tomatoes, and a jar of pesto to use in a recipe from Prevention I hope to make tomorrow.

No comments: